5 B2C Companies Killing It with Content on LinkedIn

Back in September I wrote about the 5 Tech Companies Killing It with Content on LinkedIn, and exactly why they were killing it — by having phenomenal reach, frequency, and engagement. In other words, companies using LinkedIn to boost their content marketing efforts know how to use our tools to reach precisely the audiences they wish to target. They post frequently, utilizing other “socially” gifted employees within the organization to ramp up posting efforts. And they create content that engages their prospects, inspiring discussions and shares.

But it’s not just B2B companies that capitalize on LinkedIn’s content-sharing options. Just as I wrote in my Amazon best-selling book Welcome to the Funnel, the lines between what works for B2B and B2C are blurring. What works for one very often works for the other.

A full 77 percent of B2C companies now have a content marketing strategy, according to Content Marketing Institute’s B2C Content Marketing 2015: Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends—North America report — and we can assume that a good portion of the remaining 23 percent are doing some sort of content marketing without a strategy. But where are they doing their content marketing? Well, on LinkedIn, for starters.

Back in July, LinkedIn interviewed over 600 members to better understand how consumer marketers can capitalize on our platform to better market to members. The takeaways are highlighted in my colleague Adrienne Weissman’s blog post from July, but here are a few refresher takeaways:

5 B2C Companies Killing It with Content on LinkedIn


Rick Duris is CopyRanger.

Leave a Reply