As video consumption continues to rise, columnist Mona Elesseily discusses three ways to successfully make video content a part of your online advertising program.
Recently, I’ve been thinking about the importance of online video content. People are nowconsuming more videos, and it makes up a huge portion of online content. A post from Convert With Content spells out this growth, citing several stats, including:
- 74 percent of all Internet traffic will be video by 2017.
- Video is shared more than any other kind of content.
- YouTube is the second-largest search engine in the world.
- Around 8,333 Vine videos are shared each minute.
- 33 percent of tablet owners watch about an hour of video on their devices every day.
- Video in email can boost open rates by 20 percent and increase click-through rates two to three times.
Video is becoming more and more relevant — so why not come up with some paid strategies now? In this article, I’ll suggest ways to incorporate video strategies into your online advertising programs. I’ll cover Google in particular, but similar ideas can be implemented in other channels…