LinkedIn is primarily a business-oriented social media site and to exploit the business growth opportunities it offers and obtain long-term and sustainable results, you should develop a comprehensive LinkedIn marketing plan. Here are 5 effective LinkedIn marketing strategies:
- In order to have success with LinkedIn, you’ll need to make a long-term commitment to your plan and update your business page regularly. A successful LinkedIn marketing strategy requires constant management, monitoring, analysis, and frequent readjustments. A dedicated ongoing commitment to your LinkedIn market plan ensures you stay on track toward accomplishing your company goals.
- Focus on building a robust Company Page on LinkedIn. This is necessary for an impactful business presence on LinkedIn and to gain access to additional features that enhance your visibility. The right attitude would be to consider your LinkedIn company page as an extension of your business website. Try to display attention-grabbing graphics, add details about your products and services and even include job opportunities.
- Make it a point to invite your existing and prospective customers, suppliers and other stake holders to follow your page, and showcase it to relevant LinkedIn members. If it is permissible, request your existing customers to recommend your products / services on your LinkedIn company page to expand your customer-base. These recommendations will also serve as impactful testimonials for your business expansion.
- Your aim should be to launch a LinkedIn Group with common interests pertaining to your business or industry. The most successful LinkedIn groups focus on gaining relevant members with common objectives. LinkedIn Groups are tools and an integral part of a comprehensive LinkedIn strategy to catapult your company as an industry thought leader.
- To position yourself as an industry thought leader to your members, nurture a healthy community within your LinkedIn group through informative and engrossing discussions and add value by offering compelling content. Constantly monitor member demographics, growth and activity and to help you do this, stats are available for all public LinkedIn groups. Make sure every employee from your company is involved on LinkedIn as that would create an extended network that enlarges your company’s thought leadership.
Remember LinkedIn is a tremendous social media platform for extending the reach of your business and attracting new clients – provided you master the right LinkedIn marketing strategies.